Samurai grass



      This species of Norfolk Reed always reminds me of black and white Japanese Samurai films.
      We can never remember the titles but we loved them. There was always a Samurai with a rendezvous with someone at the crossroads or they were slowly pushing through the rustling reeds with a brilliant highlight on the partially drawn sword. No soundtrack just the rustling of the reeds.
      Then there was the sound of the sword being slowly drawn from the scabbard and you just knew that there was trouble ahead. Big trouble.
      I'm frightening myself now so I'd better revert to colour rather than scary black and white.
      There we are. Now that is so much more pastoral, I can hear the reed warblers, not just the rustling reeds and the rooks and pigeons and tractors too thank goodness.
      The heart rate is now slowing.





Comments